- Lemons – 2.
- Green chili – 1, cut.
- Sevai (rice vermicelli) – about 200 gm.
- Chana dal – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Turmeric – a pinch.
- Groundnuts – 3 teaspoons.
- Coriander leaves – a few sprigs.
- Salt to taste.
- Cut and squeeze the lemons to extract the juice.
- Add about 1-2 cups hot water to the sevai so that it becomes soft, making sure that the sevai isn’t completely soaked.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a vessel and add mustard seeds to the oil till they pop.
- Next, add the cumin seeds till they too pop.
- Then add the chana dal, urad dal, groundnuts, turmeric and green chili to the oil and fry till the ingredients turn golden brown.
- Next, add the sevai to the oil and mix well, till the sevai turns yellow.
- Finally add the lemon juice and salt and stir (the heat can be turned off).
- Garnish with coriander leaves.