- Whole urad dal with skin – 2 cups.
- Cardamom – 4-5 pods, powdered.
- Cloves – 3-4, crushed.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Green chili – 1, cut.
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves, minced.
- Coriander leaves – 4-5 sprigs, cut.
- Tomatoes – 2, cut.
- Cream – about 2 cups.
- Salt to taste.
- Pressure cook the urad dal in 2-3 cups of water.
- In 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable oil, fry the cardamom, cloves, cumin, garlic and chili.
- To the oil, add the tomatoes and fry.
- Then add the salt and cooked urad dal (with water) and bring to a boil.
- Finally add the cream and stir well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.