- Masoor dal – 2 tablespoons.
- Onion – 1, cut.
- Tomatoes – 2-3, diced.
- Green chili – 1, cut.
- Garlic – 1, cut.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Turmeric – a pinch.
- Salt to taste.
- Pressure cook the masoor dal in about 2 cups of water.
- In about 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil, fry the cumin seeds till they pop.
- Fry the garlic and chili in the same oil.
- Fry the onion in this oil till it turns translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and turmeric and continue frying.
- Finally add the cooked masoor dal and enough water to the onions and tomatoes and bring to a boil for a few minutes.
- Add salt to taste.