Ingredients (serves 4):
- Rajma (kidney beans) – 2 cups.
- Onion – 1, cut.
- Tomatoes – 2, cut.
- Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves, cut.
- Chili – 1, cut.
- Potatoes – 2, sliced in half.
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon.
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon.
- Garam masala (or any other masala such as chaat masala or pav bhaji masala) – 1 teaspoon.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Salt to taste.
Ingredients – rajma (red kidney beans)
Ingredients – Onions, tomatoes, garlic, chili and potatoes.
- Soak the rajma overnight in water that just covers the beans.
- Pressure cook the rajma and potatoes in separate containers, with the potato halves immersed in enough water to cover them.
- After the pressure cooking is done, peel the potatoes and mash them in a container.
- In 3 teaspoons vegetable oil (or any other oil), fry the cumin seeds till they pop.
- In this oil, add the chili, garlic and cut onion and fry till the onion turns translucent.
- To this mixture, add the mashed potatoes, salt to taste, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala and fry for a while.
- Finally, add the rajma and water that it was cooked in and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, turn off the stove.