Ingredients (serves 4) :
- 3-4 carrots, diced.
- Beans, cut.
- Any other vegetables as required e.g. peas, cauliflower, onions.
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon.
- Cloves – 4 to 5.
- Cinnamon – 2 to 3 sticks.
- Cardamom – 4 to 5 pods.
- Cashewnuts – about 4 teaspoons.
- Raisins – about 4 teaspoons.
- Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves, cut.
- Basmati rice – 2 cups.
- Fry the basmati rice in about 3 teaspoons ghee and keep aside.
- In ghee or vegetable oil, fry the cumin seeds. To this add the garlic and cashewnuts and fry till golden brown. To this mixture, add the carrots and beans (and any other vegetables) and fry for a few minutes. Add a pinch of turmeric and salt to taste and mix well.
- Combine the basmati rice fried in ghee with the fried vegetables in a separate container and add 4 cups of water.
- Pressure cook the mixture. Once the pulav is done, add raisins.
- Serve hot.